A. went on to show B. went on showing C. went on with showing D. kept on showing
2. ------ Tom works hard at English.? ----- _____, and _____.
A. So does he; so you do B. So you do; so is he
C. So he will; so do you D. So he does; so do you
3. When you write to him, please _____ him.
A. give my loves to B. give my regard to C. remember me to D. give my wishes for
4. We have done things we ought not to have done and undone things we ought to have done.
A. left B. leave C. will leave D. leaving
5. People are puzzled _____ they read the book.
A. the first time B. at the first time C. for the first time D. at first
6. In some countries,_____ are called "public schools" are not owned by the state.
A. that B. which C. as D. what
7. -- The boy is tall enough _____ his age.
--Yes, I was much _____ when I was his age.
A. to; shorter B. at; taller C. at; shorter D. for; shorter
8. --Who are you waiting for?
-- _____ the man wounded in the left leg.
A. The doctor will operate on B. Tie nurse to be looked after
C. The doctor to operate on D. His brother got
9. --How did you _____ the movie last night?
--Oh, both interesting and instructive.
A. find B. consider C. think D. feel
10. With his son _____, the old man felt unhappy.
A. to disappoint B. to be disappointed C. disappointing D. being disappointed
11. The food tastes _____ and sells _____.
A. well; well B.good; good C. good; well D.well; good
12. The sun was shining brightly, _____ everything there _____ more beautiful.
A. making; look B. to make; looked C. and made; looking D. and making; be looked
13. It' s too late to go out now. _____, it's starting to rain.
A. Besides B. Meanwhile C. However D. Anyhow
14. Everybody in the little town knew my first teacher, so we had no finding his home.
A. difficulties in B. difficulty with C. difficulty D. difficulty to
15. I can't understand it, will you please once more?
A. explain that word B. repeat that word
C. explain us that word D. explain that word for us
16. --How often do you go to the library? --______.
A. In two days B. Every few days C. Each third day D. Every a few days
17. We are just _____ calling you up _____ you come in.
A. about; when B. on the point of; while
C. on the point of; when D. on the point of; as
18. --They all agree _____ George. Has the project been passed?
--Who _____ George can make the final decision?
A. except; expect B. except; besides C. but; but D. besides; but
19. I come to tell you Jack _____ for London next month.
A. is leaving B. is about to leave C. will leave D. would leave
20. You can say "He went there _____, not _____."
A. on the car; by car B.on foot; in his car C. by foot; by car D.in his car; by his foot
21. Jack is a good friend _____, he often comes to our home for a visit.
A. of my father B. of my father's C. for my father D. with my father
22. What way are you thinking of _____ rid of the flies?
A. to get B. getting C. being got D. to be getting
23. We must do something to _____ factories _____waste water into the river before it is cleaned.
A. stop; pouring . B. prevent; to pour C. keep; pouring D. stop; to pour
24. "_____ of them are not here." means "_____ of them are not here."
A. All; Some B. Both; Every C. Both; Neither D. All; Both
25. --How did you do in the test?
--Not so well. I _____ much better but I misread the directions for Part D.
A. could do B. could have done C. must have done D. should do
26. Mary cares about clothes too much, and she _____ too much money _____ clothes.
A. spend; in B.cost; at C. pays; to D. spends; on
27. Our kind teacher wanted to teach us _____ he knew athis lesson.
A. that B. all what C. that all D. everything which
28. They started early that morning in order that they_____ there before noon.
A. would get B. got C. must get D. might get
29. Is this research center _____ the foreign guests visited last week?
A. that B. which C. where D. the one
30.--What is the model plane look like?
--Well, the wings of the plane are _____ of its body.
A. more than the length twice B. twice more than the length
C. more than twice the length D. more twice than the length
31. The enemy troop suddenly took the small village by surprise _____ a rainy morning.
A. on B. at C. in D. during
32. This is the school _____ they visited last year and is the one _____ my father once worked.
A. that; where B. where; that C. where; where D. that; that
33. The college entrance examination is coming, the students are _____ it.
A. preparing B. prepared for C. prepared D. preparing for
34. The task was very hard, so _____ were needed.
A. ten more men B. ten men more C. more ten men D. men more ten
35. He wanted to read more, so he asked his friend if there was _____ to read.
A. something easy enough B. something enough easy
C. enough easy something D. easy enough something
36. The room is very large and only little room _____ by the new piano.
A. are taken up B. takes up C. is taken up D. is taking up
37. What _____ time it is to listen to a speech having nothing to do with you!
A. waste B. wastes C. a waste of D. a waste for
38. _____ your help, we have _____.
A. Thanks to, finished B. Thanks to, ended
C. Thanks for, finished D. Thanks for, completed
39. When and where to build the new factory _____ yet.
A. is not decided B. are not decided C. has not decided D. have not decided
40. It is necessary ___ me ___my studies before a new term.
A. for, to make a plan for B. of, making a plan for
C. for, to make a plan of D. of, making a plan of
41. He _____ the club and _____ its activities.
A. took part in; joined B. joined; took part in
C. joined; took a part in D. took part in; took part in
42. The noble man prefers ___money to him ___sorry to him.
A. giving; to saying B. giving; to say C. give; to say D. to give; to saying
43. To gain honor for our country, we will try our best_____ the game.
A. competing in B. competing against C. to compete with D. to compete in
44. Tom was so angry with Bob that he hit _____.
A. Bob in the head B. Bob's head C. Bob on the head D. on Bob's head
45. _____ at the news that I didn't know what to say to comfort her.
A. So sad she looked B. So sad did she look
C. So sadly she looked D. So sadly did she look
46. Only a fool enjoys _____ in public.
A. making fun of B. to make fun of C. being made fan of D. to be made fan of
47. Our English teacher _____ by the teachers and students.
A. is good thought of B. is thought high of
C. is sung highly praise for D. is spoken highly of
48. I like ______ of the two stories, for this story is _____ than that one.
A. both; not more interesting B. neither; no more interesting
C. neither; not more interesting D. either; no more interesting
49. You'd better make a mark _____ you have any questions.
A. at which B. at where C. the place D. where
50. The stubborn boy didn't _____ so that he missed the chance.
A. take advice B. follow an advice C. give some advice D. ask for advice
51. Old as the car is, _____ it works quite well.
A. but B. yet C. so D. however
52. They were _____ inventors than pure scientists.
A. more B. less C. many D. worse
53. The teachers are doing what they _____ their stuaits.
A. can to teach B. can teach C. can teaching D. can to teaching
54. Liaocheng, Shandong Pro. is a beautiful city, ____11 pay a three-day visit.
A. which B. where C. to which D. in which
55. Don't have your children _____ for hours reading books in _____ dark a room.
A. sitting; so B. sit; such C. to be sitting; so D. to sit; such
56. I want to know _____.
A. what the matter is B. what matter it is C. what's the matter D. the matter is what
57. After so long a walk, he was too _____ further.
A. tired for walk B. tire to walk C. tiring to go D. tired to go
58. Why not trust and use David? He is still as strong as____ in the team.
A. somebody else B. everybody else C. anybody else D. nobody else
59. After the accident, she had _____ all over.
A. pains B. pain C. ache D. aches
60. I forget where I read the article, or I _____ it to you now.
A. will show B. would show C. am going to show D. am showing
61. ____for the doctor's careful treatment, he____till last year.
A. If it is not; can't live B. Were it not; couldn't live
C. Had it not been; couldn't have lived D. If they were not ; couldn't live
62. They stayed up until midnight _____ the old year out and the new year in.
A. and saw B. to see C. seeing D. for seeing
63. George spent _____ studying.
A. the whole day B. all during the day C. altogether a day D. entirely a day
64. You may _____ find it hard to get along well with them.
A. certainly B. likely C. possibly D. probably
65. The house that _____ by the fire belongs to
A. was destroyed, mine B. destroyed, mine C. was destroyed, me D. destroyed, me
66. ---____ will the meeting _____? --In about 20 minutes.
A. How long, last B. When, last C. How often, finish D. How soon, end
67. While _____ in the room, we were all very excited.
A. waited B. waiting C. to wait D. wait
68. _____ you _____ to go to watch the football match with me?
A. Would; like B. Would; rather C. Do; feel like D. Do; would like
69. She asked _____ we were getting on well with our work.
A. how B. if C.what D. that
70. I'm wondering_____ he expects will win the gold medal in Men's Single.
A. whom B. which C. who D. what
71. Don't think of the exam. _____, it has been passed quite a few days.
A. In all B. Not at all C. After all D. At all
72. She _____ a man _____ a lot of money.
A. was married; with B. married; with C. marrietl; to D. was married; to
73. During the next ten years we both worked day and night to _____ the money we had borrowed.
A. pay off B. pay for C. pay to D. pay back
74. --Where do you think _____ he _____ the computer? ---Sorry, I have no idea.
A. /; bought B. has; bought C. did; buy D. had; bought
75. We have been _____ by all our friends since we settled in the new house.
A. called on B. called at C. called into D. called for
76. I _____ her voice at once on the phone, though we hadn't seen each other for ten years.
A. heard B. knew C. realized D. recognized
77. But she had to ___ the company and ____a man in order to get a job.
A. lie to; pretended to be B. lie; pretended to be
C. lie to; pretended being D. lie; pretended as
78. The man went into the room, _____ rather strange.
A. to look B. looking C. looked D. and looking
79. The driver drove __ hit a big tree and the car came to a stop.
A. too carelessly to B. carelessly enough to
C. so carelessly that he D. so careless that he
80. When he saw all his books _____ here and there on the floor, he knew that something terrible _____.
A. lying; must have happened B. lie; must happen
C. lay; might have happened D. had lain; could have happen
81. ____Mr Brown's anger, it was his own son who didn't agree ____him.
A. To; with B. Because of; to C. With; of D. For; on
82. But later people developed a way of printing, _____rocks.
A. used B. using C. and use D. uses
83. The problem was that it is ____valuable ___everyday use.
A. too; to B. too; for C. too; of D. so; that
84. ---Where is Mother
---She is in the kitchen. She _____the housework all morning.
A. is doing B. was doing C. has done D. has been doing
85. What a strange man! He loves his wife, but _____ he often beats her.
A. at a time B. at one time C. at times D. at the same time
86. The books, _____ the dictionaries, must be put back where they _____.
A. included; were B. to include; are C. including; were D. including; are
87. Paper _____ the fibres of plants for many years.
A. has been made from B. have been made out of
C. has made up of D. have been made into
88. Before the game started Alien's friends believed he was ___ but he didn't feel ___. Then after the first ten minutes, he began to take heart.
A. sure to win; sure to success B. sure of success; sure of it
C. sure to win; sure about that D. sure about winning; sure to win
89. His father looks young, but _____ fact he is _____.
A. in; in the forties B. in; in his forties C. in the; in the forties D. in; in his forty
90. It's quite strange that the man sleeps with his mouth____ and his eyes _____.
A. closed; open B. closed; opened C. closing; open D. closing; opening
91. If you have a problem _____ your composition, you had better ask your teacher ______.
A. in; on some advice B. for; for some advices
C. on; some advice D. with; for some advice
92. There _____ a lot of coal mines in the south, but many of them have been closed or are _____ be closed.
A. use to having; about to B. used to be; to
C. use to having; going to D. used to be; supposed to
93. The weather in Britain is ____too cold in winter___too hot in summer.
A. either; or B. both; and C. neither; nor D. or; and
94. Forgive him, please. I don't think he broke your mirror____.
A. with care B. on purpose C. for fun D. with aim
95. He advised the fanners to choose the best seed-heads,____ that had the best colour.
A. the one B. the ones C. one D. ones
96. Although he is considered a great writer, _____.
A. his works is not widely read B. but his works are not widely read
C. however his works are not widely read D. yet his works are not widely read
97. --_____ of the population of the city _____workers? --About 60 percent.
A. What; is B. What; are C. How much; is D. How much; are
98. I was advised to arrange for insurance _____ I needed medical treatment.
A. although B. incase C. so that D. if only
99.---What can I do for you？---Well，I'm afraid the box is heavy for you，but thank you all the same．
A． so B． much C． very D． too
100.--Peter is very clever and he studies hard as well．
---No ______be always wins first in the examinations.
A．doubt B．question C．wonder D．problem
1--5 ADCAA 6--10 DDCAC 11--15 CAACA 16--20 BCCAB
21-25 BAAAB 26-30 DBDDC 31--35 AADAA 36-40 CCAAA
41-45 BADCB 46-50 CDBDA 51-55 BAACA 56-60 CDCAB
61-65 CBACC 66-70 DBABC 71-75 CBDAA 76-80 DABCA
81-85 ABBDD 86-90 CACBA 91-95 DBCBB 96-100 DDBDC